Re: Default values for nulls not being set.

From: "Donald Fraser" <demolish(at)cwgsy(dot)net>
To: "[BUGS]" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Default values for nulls not being set.
Date: 2003-03-04 17:22:45
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> "Donald Fraser" <demolish(at)cwgsy(dot)net> writes:
> > What would be nice is when you don't specify a default on the view, the
default
> > from the table is used.
>
> What table? You seem to have an extremely narrow-minded concept of what
> a view is.
>
> regards, tom lane

In the above I was referring to columns that have a direct relationship with an
underlying table. Obviously when a column does not have this relationship then
a default from a table cannot be used. If have I overlooked something
fundamental about views that makes this idea sound ridiculous then I apologise
for my ignorance.

Regards,
Donald Fraser