Re: How Do You Pronounce "PostgreSQL"?

From: "Mitch Vincent" <mitch(at)venux(dot)net>
To: "PostgreSQL HACKERS" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How Do You Pronounce "PostgreSQL"?
Date: 2000-08-23 03:21:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

When someone asks me what RDBMS our company uses for most projects and I say
post-gray 'Es Queue El' everyone always says "Huh? Post-what?"

I love the product but the name is a bitch of a tongue twister. It's strange
to say and doesn't roll off the tongue very well. Still, after I repeat
myself a few times they generally end up calling it "Postgres" all on their
own -- I guess there is some natural inclination for people to move from
post-gray 'Es Queue El' to plain old "Postgres"...

It's becoming more and more known even if it is a bit of a strange name at
first so I think it will all work out just fine..

-Mitch