Re: BUG #2419: could not reattach to shared memory

From: "Andy" <andy(at)otelex(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #2419: could not reattach to shared memory
Date: 2006-05-16 09:47:55
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I have removed the AV software and the problem doesn't go away, it does seem
to happen less frequently but is still there.  It is the same error -

"FATAL:  could not reattach to shared memory (key=5432001, addr=01960000):
Invalid argument"

The referenced key and address are always the same, is there some way we can
view the data being stored in the memory, or look at what data was stored in
the memory, and where, to see if the reference is valid?

Regards

Andy

"Tom Lane <tgl ( at ) sss ( dot ) pgh ( dot ) pa ( dot ) us> writes:

>> We've seen reports of intermittent permission failures on Windows being

>> caused by broken antivirus software.  What security software have you

>> got on those machines, and does the failure go away if you remove it? "

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: googleDate: 2006-05-16 11:00:51
Previous:From: Martijn van OosterhoutDate: 2006-05-16 08:47:12
Subject: Re: [BUGS] BUG #2429: Explain does not report object's schema