Re: delete cascade question

From: "Philippe Salama" <karebac(at)verizon(dot)net>
To: "'Bradley Russell'" <bradley(dot)russell(at)npcinternational(dot)com>, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: delete cascade question
Date: 2006-12-11 17:24:36
Lists: pgsql-novice

I am just a beginner with SQL and pgsql, but one of my textbooks suggests
that, if the table is not too large, one may make a copy of it, and test
such things as deletes, before one does the delete on the live table. And I
think there is a way to do it as a transaction, and not complete it until
you are certain of the results. Hope these suggestions from a beginner are
of some help.

_____