Cancelled statement due to lost connection

From: "Frances Collier" <fcollier(at)preparedresponse(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Cancelled statement due to lost connection
Date: 2006-09-29 20:02:17
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hello,

I have implemented an ASP.Net page on one box that has successfully
connected to my PostgreSQL database on another. Both boxes are running
Windows Server 2003. I am using the Npgsql connector. Most of the time it
runs fine, but on one query I am getting a "canceling statement due to user
request" error (Code: 57014).  I figure the connection is timing out,
especially since running it through pgAdmin it takes 29375+31 ms. So, I set
the NpgsqlConnection CommandTimeout to 300. But it didn't help. I've run
through the PostgreSQL documentation, the postgresql.conf, and pg_hba.conf
(for good measure) trying to find where to set the connection time for
PostgreSQL. Can this be set? If so, what's the proper configuration for
that?

Thanks,

-Frances

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Brandon AikenDate: 2006-09-29 20:31:11