Cyrwin reliable ? Win XP Home edition

From: "Andrei Bintintan" <klodoma(at)ar-sd(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Cyrwin reliable ? Win XP Home edition
Date: 2004-07-14 14:10:37
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Hi to all,

We are developing a new project and we have to make a software that will be installed on laptops. These laptops will be at some technikers that don't know much about computers. The laptops will be started/shuted down around 6-10 times a day.

Now, I have to use a database system. In our enviroment we use Postgresql, on a linux system, and I want to use also Pgsql on the laptops(of corse with Cygwin). My question is: is Postgresql unde cygwin reliable(I mean stable, etc etc... with not much problems). I installed pgsql and it works fine by me, I want to know if anyone else is using it this way. My alternative is Mysql but pgsql has way more features.

Thank you in advance.

Andrei Bintintan
Project Manager, Cust-X Srl

"Management means making the things right.
Leadership means making the right things."

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: Richard KellnerDate: 2004-07-14 17:31:23