Table Space and mfs file system

From: "Roger Strandberg / Hamsta" <roger(dot)strandberg(at)hamsta(dot)se>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Table Space and mfs file system
Date: 2005-10-16 02:23:34
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi

I have a need for a table to be placed on a mfs disk.

And my question is:

In case of a reboot, how can i rebuild the table on the tablespace that was lost?

My configuration is and more:

HTML_MASTER DB -> Slony -> HTML_SLAVE DB

HTML_MASTER DB sits on one site to create the data for HTML access
HTML_SLAVE sits on the apache server.

I have also a HTML_MEMORY DB with will have peace loaded in memory for quick search.

My thinking was to let slony forward data from HTML_SLAVE to HTML_MEMORY.

But now i start to think to dump the HTML_SLAVE once per night and load it as HTML_MEMORY....

Any sugestions on how i can recover from a reboot or power failure.....

Best Regards
Roger Strandberg

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Jeff BoesDate: 2005-10-16 11:28:00