Re: RE: [HACKERS] PHP and PostgreSQL

From: "Adam Lang" <aalang(at)rutgersinsurance(dot)com>
To: "PostgreSQL-interfaces" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RE: [HACKERS] PHP and PostgreSQL
Date: 2000-12-27 14:14:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-interfaces

Yeah, this is not a "bug", but a feature. :)

In a nutshell, the persistent connection number is not how many persistent
connections there are available to the webserver. It is the number
available per webserver PROCESS.

So, if you have 5 persistent connections, but 10 webserver processes open,
you have 50 persistent connections open.

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company
http://www.rutgersinsurance.com