Help - postgresql 7.0 and cannot read block 7959 of pg_log

From: "Lukasz Piskorz" <lpiskorz(at)ists(dot)pwr(dot)wroc(dot)pl>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Help - postgresql 7.0 and cannot read block 7959 of pg_log
Date: 2004-02-19 13:13:42
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hello,

I need very fast help.

When I worked in postgresql 7.0 I saw message:
database=>NOTICE:  Message from PostgreSQL backend:
        The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend died
abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
        I have rolled back the current transaction and am going to terminate
your database system connection and exit.
        Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.

The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: Succeeded.

When I check all tables only one (very important in my database) is
corrupted:
database=>select * from table;
ERROR:  cannot read block 7959 of pg_log: Success

Could you help me? What can I do? Can I remove this table and restore from
backup? What do you think about software
http://svana.org/kleptog/pgsql/pgfsck.html ?

Best,

Lukas

pgsql-admin by date