Informix to PostgreSQL (JDBC)

From: "Nicolas Bazin" <nbazin(at)ingenico(dot)com(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Informix to PostgreSQL (JDBC)
Date: 2002-04-12 00:31:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-interfaces

Just to let you know that you can use the transfer tool of the hsqldb JAVA database to transfer database from Informix to Postgres. I have used it to transfer my application from IDS 7.3 to Postgres 7.2.1. Because it relies on JDBC, it can be used/expended to support other databases.

It supports:
- tables structure creation,
- default field value,
- index creation (unique or not),
- data transfer,
- foreign keys creation,
- it supports schema (to read the source)
- autoincrement fields

As it's based on JDBC, it cannot extract VIEWs or store procedures. User privilege are not created even though it is available from the JDBC.
A further extension would then be:
support of GRANT and also the possibility to transfer to a specific schema.

You can download it at http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/hsqldb/hsqldb_1_7_0_RC4.zip
The transfer tool is independent of the database. It's in the src/org/hsqldb/util directory you also need the src/org/hsqldb/lib directory.