From: "TBL" <thomas(dot)barnet-lamb(at)westminster(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2000-01-27 19:39:51
Lists: pgsql-ports
Hi!
    I'm trying to get POSTGRES working on a WinNT system using the
downloadable binaries (i.e. I have not as yet attempted to build the
source). I have managed to use the initdb command, which reported success.
Having discovered that you have to set the system attribute to get the
postmaster file to turn into a symbolic link, I was able to execute
postmaster, but received the following errors:
IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed (Permission denied) key=5432010, size=120,
permission=700
IpcMemoryIdGet: shmget failed (Permission denied) key=5432010, size=120,
permission=0
IpcMemoryAttach: shmat failed (Permission denied) id=-2
FATAL 1:  AttachSLockMemory: could not attach segment

Does anyone have any ideas? I expect it is some stupid mistake, but any
assistance would be very helpful.

Thanks
Thomas Barnet Lamb

PS- All this may well be because I haven't installed the ipc-daemon. If so,
where can I download it? The link from
http://www.freebsd.org/~kevlo/postgres/portNT.html seems broken.

pgsql-ports by date

Next:From: Fábio Linhares DalboniDate: 2000-01-28 13:57:03