Truncation Problems

From: Jeremy D Carlson <jeremy(at)gustavus(dot)edu>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Truncation Problems
Date: 2001-06-22 14:59:56
Lists: pgsql-bugs
We are having problems with information we are inserting into our
database being truncated.  This information is being inserted via the
web through Apache 1.3.6 while using ColdFusion 4.0.1's ODBC interface
into a PostgreSQL 7.0.2 database.  It is being truncated in a couple of
ways.  Sometimes, after so many characters, the information is truncated
in each column.  Other times, the information for the last part of the
insertion string is lost.  These insertions usually contain a couple
paragraphs of information for each column.  We haven't had any problem
with short insertions.  Neither ColdFusion nor PostgreSQL return an
error on a truncation.  We occasionally will receive a "query string too
long" error from PostgreSQL, but no information is actually inserted
into the database.  The query string error is also confusing because
each column should be able to contain 1+GBs of information.

Has anyone had any similar problems?

pgsql-bugs by date