Re: ODBC & character encoding

From: "Layet Benjamin" <benjamin(at)moonfactory(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Iain" <iain(at)mst(dot)co(dot)jp>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC & character encoding
Date: 2005-02-07 09:53:30
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi Iain,
Thank you again for your reply.
It's good to know that things works for people almost in my situation :-).

I am not surprise that there is no problem with Shift-Jis, since "SET
client_encoding= 'SJIS';" works fine on a EUC_JP database.

But "SET client_encoding= 'UNICODE';" does not work with 7.1.... and I feel
really stuck because of that...

>When you install the postgres ODBC driver it actually contains 3 drivers,
>which one are you using?
I tried the PostgreSQL 8.00. and PostgreSQL Unicode beta but both of them
try to do "SET client_encoding= 'UNICODE'"...

In my case, I really need to convert the encoding before sending it to
Postgres... but I don't know if it is possible.

>So far I've never had to pay much attention to client encoding...
Lucky man :-)

Cheers,
Ben