PgAccess 0.98 and libpq.so.2

From: "Nigel Berkeley" <nige(at)incagold(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: PgAccess 0.98 and libpq.so.2
Date: 1999-11-24 00:58:23
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi there,

I've just downloaded postgres 6.5.3 and successfully compiled it
with pgaccess. I did have 6.5.1 installed so I cleared out the bin
and lib dir before hand. Everything works the way it should with the
psql program and its also works fine with php4 on my apache web
server.

When I first fired up pgaccess, I got a tcl error message saying it
was missing libpq.so.1. So I looked for this lib in my postgres libs
dir and it wasnt there, just libpq.so.2 which was a symbolic link
that pointed to libpq.so.2.0. I made another symbolic to this file,
calling it libpq.so.1 (as thats the file it couldnt find) then fired
up pgaccess.

I typed in all my connect details and it just keeps saying it failed
to connect to the database followed by some random ascii characters.
I think those random characters should have actually displayed the
reason it failed. I think the reason for this is it needs the real
libpq.so.1 and it doesnt like version 2? Why doesnt this lib exist
anyway? I looked at my 6.5.1 installation and that didnt have the
correct lib either.

What installation does that lib exist in? Is anyone else
experiencing this problem too? I've also tried connecting to my
remote postgres server and had no luck.

Nige