Re: ODBC driver for Windows & future...

From: Simeó Reig <simeo(at)incofisa(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC driver for Windows & future...
Date: 2004-12-01 16:28:08
Lists: pgsql-odbc
----- Original Message -----
>From: "Robert Treat" <xzilla(at)XXXXXXXXXXXX>
>
>So for three years you have taken from the work of hundreds of others who
>have
>provided you with a free database and a working driver to use along with
it,
>but now when there are signs of trouble, you're just going to pack up and
>leave?  Why not dedicate just one of your programmers to working on the
>ODBC
>driver full time?  This way you can assure that all of your issues with the
>driver are still addressed, you'll save the costs of switching to another
>system, and still get an extremely robust database for the cost of one
>programmer? Seems like a good investment to me.

Yes, you are right. But we are not good c programmers, but we are going to
offer
our help to improve npgsql because it's written in c sharp.

The problem is not this, nobody can't help in every project. The problem is
that
odbc project is frozen since one year ago, well, solutions? I believe that
one
solutions could be rewrite all or make, if is it possible, a bridge between
odbc
project an other project.

Best regards