Re: Cursors and transactions

From: "Chris Smith" <cdsmith(at)twu(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cursors and transactions
Date: 2004-02-13 01:09:56
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Sorry; forgot to copy the group. Resending...

Tom Lane wrote:
> There's no such restriction on the backend side, so I assume this is
> something JDBC-specific. The comment could be obsolete, too.

Okay, thanks. I just wanted to be absolutely sure that trying to use
multiple named portals in V3 wouldn't be a dead end.

Incidentally, how similar is the JDBC driver from CVS head to the one
distributed with 7.4.1? Is something like the work I'm proposing
already done there? If not, is it likely that such a patch for 7.4.1
could be easily ported to CVS head? After all, though I just need
the code to work ASAP for a 7.4.1 system, I'd also like my work to do
as much good as possible.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation