Re: [HACKERS] initdb

From: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Postgresql Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "pgsql-hackers-win32" <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] initdb
Date: 2003-10-12 17:13:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-hackers-win32 pgsql-patches

Bruce,

I think this is now ready to import into the WIN32 branch. I have ironed out
the cygwin dependencies, and posted a note about what we'll need to do
inside postgres to handle the environment values for setlocale() on Windows.

If you want to rip out the unlink stuff (see previous email thread) we'll
need a version of dirmod.c that is compiled with -DFRONTEND - I guess libpq
is the obvious place for that.

Apart from initdb.c we'll need the file system_views.sql, which can be taken
without change (unless someone want to add comments to it), and Makefile
modifications (see my Makefile on the web for an example, but it probably
doesn't comply with our standard way of doing things).

Anything broken can then be fixed with patches - I have about 7 versions on
5 machines now and my head is starting to swim -).

pg_id and pg_encoding now become redundant in their entirety, as does
initdb.sh.

cheers

andrew