Re: [INTERFACES] calculated identity field in views, again...

From: "Zlatko Matic" <zlatko(dot)matic1(at)sb(dot)t-com(dot)hr>
To: "Jeff Eckermann" <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] calculated identity field in views, again...
Date: 2005-05-04 20:33:23
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-interfaces

Hello. Thanks for answers...
After considering all proposed, I think that it is probably possible to give
MS Acces some composite primary keys while linking views as tables, in order
to help Access not to fall into "#deleted#", but it would take some extra
time to experiment with every view.
In meantime, I successfully implemented solution with local tables. Append
queries based on pass-through queries are triggered and local tables are
refreshed. It seems to be fast and reliable...
Thank you anyway, maybe I will try something with views next time...