Re: pg_dump/pg_restore

From: "Colin Stearman" <cstearman(at)infofind(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_dump/pg_restore
Date: 2002-11-24 20:11:58
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Tom,

You are 100% right about pg_restore fixing up OID references in tables to
blobs (and presumably any other objects).  I should have checked more
carefully and given the program more credit.

I will remove the -o as it is not necessary, as you say.

That resolves my script problem  Thanks!.

Regarding the --list output, the line reads "75; 0 BLOBS BLOBS", and listing
any database, whether or not it contains blobs, outputs the same thing (the
=20 is an email coding for EOL).  So I maintain that it may be a (benign)
bug.

Colin