cygwin - semaphores and the postgresql config settings

From: "Greg Stanley-Horn, Athena Software(dot)net" <greg(at)athenasoftware(dot)net>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: cygwin - semaphores and the postgresql config settings
Date: 2003-03-11 15:44:43
Lists: pgadmin-support
Hi - I would really appreciate any advice on how to properly set the
postgresql config file regarding semaphores, max connections etc.
I am using cygwin and postgres on a win 2000 pro server with 1.1 ghz
processor and 1 gig of ram - there are about 20 users connecting to the
system. About once a week, the database stops "saving" and we get the
"ERROR: cannot create room on device" message. We
currently have the max connections at 384 and the shared memory at 1024.

Can anyone please provide some guidance on the proper setttings for this
environment? I know it is better to switch to linux but we want to
exhaust our options on configuring the windows box first.
Thanks, Greg
Greg Stanley-Horn, President
Athena <>
39 Brock Rd. South
Aberfoyle, ON N1H 6H9

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Greg Stanley-Horn, Athena Software.netDate: 2003-03-11 17:19:27