BUG??, fault in POSTMASTER when using GMAKE

From: "DECC" <info(at)decc(dot)nl>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: BUG??, fault in POSTMASTER when using GMAKE
Date: 2001-04-18 15:46:03
Lists: pgsql-bugs

hello there,

i must say i'm a rookie at using unix, but when i was trying to install postgresql 7.1,
i came up with the following problem in the POSTMASTER program section. Could you, the reader of this message, please tell me what or where i can do/go to solve this problem. This is what the output was after running the installation:

gcc2 -O2 -pipe -m486 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -I../../.
./src/include -c postmaster.c -o postmaster.o
postmaster.c: In function `PostmasterMain':
postmaster.c:406: `optreset' undeclared (first use this function)
postmaster.c:406: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
postmaster.c:406: for each function it appears in.)
gmake: *** [postmaster.o] Error 1

The rest of posgresql seemed to be installed without any problem. It might be due to some mistake i made, if so, don't be angry with me, just let me know.

thanx-a-lot,

Dagomar