jdbc url

From: "Marin Dimitrov" <marin(dot)dimitrov(at)sirma(dot)bg>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: jdbc url
Date: 2002-03-18 17:09:07
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

hi,

can I pass the username and password for the connection as part of the JDBC
url?

having read some docs it seems that this is not possible, i.e. I can't use
the getConnection(String url) method but I should use the
getConnection(String url, String user, String password) one

thanx,

Marin

----
"...what you brought from your past, is of no use in your present. When
you must choose a new path, do not bring old experiences with you.
Those who strike out afresh, but who attempt to retain a little of the
old life, end up torn apart by their own memories. "