Re: PG on zeta 1.0

From: "sam karush" <sk418(at)rivah(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PG on zeta 1.0
Date: 2006-05-23 09:56:07
Lists: pgsql-novice
> > $  ./pg_ctl -D /boot/home/database -l logfile start
> > postmaster starting
> >
> the output is going to the logfile.  Can you take off the "-l logfile"
> part and send the list the error message for that portion.
> > Attempts to login with phpPgAdmin fail.
> so, it is running, but you just can't connect?

 Well, I have managed to get PG running. I had to copy the file boot/zeta/etc/hosts-sample,  save as 'hosts',  and add the line:

127.0.0.1  localhost

 Now PG starts reliably. I still can't connect with phpPgAdmin, but a quick trip through the archives of that group shows that to be a very common problem, with no concrete solution.

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Mark CampbellDate: 2006-05-23 09:59:10
Subject: Re: Interrupting Cursors