Database users Passwords

From: "DEV" <dev(at)umpa-us(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Database users Passwords
Date: 2006-10-17 14:41:56
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-general

Hello all,

I have user information in a table that I want to use to add users to
the user roles tables that are part of postgresql. My question is this: the
passwords in my user table are in there as a text file with the data being
encrypted using the crypt function, is there a way I can use this crypt
password when I do a "CREATE ROLE userid LOGIN PASSWORD 'crypt password'
NOSUPERUSER INHERIT NOCREATEDB NOCREATEROLE" I know that in the current
CREATE ROLE I have listed will take a clear text password and encrypt it for
me. What do I need to change to use an encrypted password?

Brian