Re: VMWare connection

From: "Krystian Brazulewicz" <krystian(dot)brazulewicz(at)iq(dot)pl>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: VMWare connection
Date: 2002-08-23 20:51:54
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello Vikram

When using VMWare, you've a fake network interface installed which is use
for communication between
your host and virtual machine.
Login on your 'virtual' RH7.3, go to the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts, and
issue a command:

grep IPADDR ifcfg-eth?

then it should output a line formed like this:

ifcfg-eth0:IPADDR="XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX"

where XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX is an IP address you're looking for

Make sure that your pg_hba.conf allows to connect from your w2k box as user
postgres with no password! (postgresql documentation covers this area very
well)

hope this helps
Krystian Brazulewicz