Trying to use libpg intrface to postgresql in a windows application.

From: Σίμος Μαυροειδής <simos(at)e-shop(dot)gr>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Trying to use libpg intrface to postgresql in a windows application.
Date: 2001-11-24 17:19:52
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
I use Visual C++ to develop a windows application that communicate using the libq library with a unix Postgresql server .
I included the libpq-fe.h header file in my source and the libpq.a in the linker files. I try to implement the example files i found
in the documentation but they all result to an exception from the debuger at the command trying to connect to the dbase server. ex
conn = PQsetdb(pghost, pgport, pgoptions, pgtty, dbName);

Could anyone give me one or two tips to get started with?

thx in advance.

pgsql-interfaces by date