Re: new maintainer for the ODBC driver?

From: "Adam Lang" <aalang(at)rutgersinsurance(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: new maintainer for the ODBC driver?
Date: 2000-10-26 17:38:03
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I have a "learning" edition of VC++ 4. Never really used it.... but I could
try to compile if necessary. (Never to late to learn, right?)

As for driver support, I think the reason there is not much static on the
ODBC Windows end is that most coders that write for Windows (that use VB,
etc.) are not using Linux Application Servers for backends. Sort of a
different mentality than Java developers. Java typically has the mindset of
"any platform" and VB, VC, Access, tends to have the mindset of "Microsoft
Platform".

For Postgres to make inroads on Windows based apps, an ODBC driver has to be
supported... or even better, an OLE DB driver (for ADO connections).

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company