Creating a new type

From: "Rodrigo Sakai" <rodrigo(dot)sakai(at)zanthus(dot)com(dot)br>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Creating a new type
Date: 2006-06-28 14:49:56
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
  Hi all,

  I have to create a new composed data type to use in almost all tables of
my database. Something like:

  CREATE TYPE time_interval (

    Tbegin date,

    Tend date

   )

  And when use this new type in my tables! So, I have to be able to get the
table_name or table_id that the type is in. For exemple:

  CREATE TABLE employee (

    Emp_id int,

    Emp_name varchar(30),

    Emp_time time_interval

  )

  So, when I execute an INSERT operation on this table, the functions that
deals with this type need the id or name of the table that the data was
inserted!

  How can I get this ID or NAME inside this functions???

  Thanks!!!

pgsql-interfaces by date