Foreign Key constraint and Alter Table command

From: Carlos Felipe Zirbes <carlosz(at)dbserver(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Foreign Key constraint and Alter Table command
Date: 2000-12-12 17:51:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi.

I am using postgres 7.0.can't_remember_the_rest and I am not able to add a
FK via alter table command. When I try to do it I get an "Feature not
implemented" error message. This is what I've been trying to do:

alter table foo
add constraint foo_fk
foreign key (a) references foo_2

where "a" is a column name in foo.

I thought I would be able to add constraints via alter table by using pgsql
7. Was I wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Zirbes