ODBC from MS Access

From: "Joseph Doench" <jdoench(at)cinci(dot)rr(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ODBC from MS Access
Date: 2010-07-15 18:34:27
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I'm fairly new to PG.  I'm working on implementing Project-Open, "PO",  for
a non-profit organization; I am a volunteer.
I need to migrate legacy data from MS Access to the PO database (PG) - I'm
hoping that I can use Access as the front-end for the migration procedures.

FYI, I am running Access 2007.

I've read some of the PG documentation.

checked and confirmed that:

posgreSQL.conf contains listen_addresses='*'.

Added a line to pg_hba.conf containing:

host      all      all       myIPaddress        trust

.using 'postgres'  or 'projop'  for the database name.

.using 'postgres' as the username;  no password

Getting an error message: 'No connection could be made because the target
machine actively refused it.'

Looking for clues in pgAdmin III    -- would be glad to get a little help
from you.

Regards,

JPD

pgsql-odbc by date