Re: pg_restore

From: Bob Pawley <rjpawley(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: Adrian Klaver <aklaver(at)comcast(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: pg_restore
Date: 2007-10-29 16:50:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Following the examples in the docs I've come to this.

I am attempting to restore the existing sql dump using
psql -d PDW -f aurel.sql

I am then asked for a password.

I try every password that the computer knows with no success.

Funny thing the password cursor doesn't move when inputting the password.

I keep getting authentication failure.

When I attempt to do a new pg_dump with -Fc I also get a request for
password with identical results.

Bob