Question about Performance of my db design

From: "Gustavo" <gustavor(at)intercomgi(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Question about Performance of my db design
Date: 2007-02-19 13:38:45
Lists: pgsql-novice
  Hi

  I have a question about the performance of my db design . I have this situation:

  - One schema base containing 20 tables whit data of all users of my system. (These tables will contain a lot of rows (millions)). The data of each user is
  independent of the rest
  - One schema per user with a view of the schema base containing only the data of this user.

  It is a good design? how efficient Does Postgree manage these big views?

  In the other hand, i have another idea:

  - One schema whith the 20 tables and one schema per user whith tables that make inheritance of these.

  If i do that, i avoid to make views.

  What design is the best?

   Thanks, in advance

  Gustavo ( sorry for my english)