Re: switching postgres from windows to linux

From: Együd Csaba <csegyud(at)vnet(dot)hu>
To: 'vidhya baskaran' <vidhyabhaskaran(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)in>
Cc: "Pgadmin-Support (E-mail)" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: switching postgres from windows to linux
Date: 2003-12-30 05:49:42
Lists: pgadmin-supportpgsql-admin
Hi Vidhya,
if I can understand it clearly you are using postgres under Cygwin on a
win2k server and you would like to move it to a Linux box.

To establish a connection between a Linux based postgres server and a
Windows application you have to use the PsqlODBC driver.
(http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/psqlodbc/projdisplay.php)

If you want to access your database from other machines you have to set up
your pg_hba.conf file (see documentation for details).

There should not be any problems with PGAdmin3. PGAdmin3 doesn't use ODBC.
It has it's own driver. Simply add your server and connect to that.

Regarding this process please send your questions to the pgsql-admin list.

Good Luck!

Bye,
-- Csaba Együd