a few Linux-specific questions

From: "Valerie Semichev" <vsem(at)impexbank(dot)ru>
To: <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: a few Linux-specific questions
Date: 2000-03-07 16:57:06
Lists: pgsql-general
Dear Sirs!

Please, could you answer a few questions, I've got:

1. I am planing to use Mandrake 7.0 Linux, as Linux world 1999 winner and because of its local support, with PostgreSQL.  Is it right decision (I mean Mandrake)?

2. What is yours minimal hardware requirements for server and client, I am planing to use KDE, for small info. system with only two clients and approximately 10 transactions per minute. And could I share database server  and client in one of computers.

3. Does PostgreSQL support any kind of redundancy, database mirroring or clustering, for instance? And which method you could recommend, if exists any.

Yours Sincerely,
Valerie Semichev.

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: Paul CondonDate: 2000-03-07 17:48:08