Re: Tablespaces

From: "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: "'Gavin Sherry'" <swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Tablespaces
Date: 2004-02-26 21:56:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-hackers-win32

>Gavin Sherry
> The creation of table spaces will need to be recorded in xlog in the
same
> way that files are in heap_create() with the corresponding delete
logic
> incase of ABORT.

Overall, sounds very cool.

Please could we record the OID of the tablespace in the WAL logs, not
the path to the tablespace? That way, we run no risks of having the WAL
logs not work correctly should things change slightly...

.. need to record drop tablespaces in the WAL logs also.

I'm sure you meant both of those, just checking.

Can drop tablespace require a specific privelege too? It's too easy to
drop parts of a database without thinking...

Best Regards, Simon Riggs