Re: HTTP authentication

From: "Adam Lang" <aalang(at)rutgersinsurance(dot)com>
Cc: "[PHP] PostgreSQL" <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: HTTP authentication
Date: 2001-04-27 16:31:52
Lists: pgsql-php

The way i do it is have a separate table in the database that keeps track of
users and passwords for the application.

I use the WWW-Authenticate header to get $PHP_AUTH_USER and $PHP_AUTH_PW

I run them through the table using a select query. If I come back with a
match, I set a variable, $auth, equal to true.

If $auth is equal to true, they can perform whatever functions in the page I
have.

I don't have a log out button, but all I would probably do would be set
$auth = false and unset the $PHP... variables.

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company
http://www.rutgersinsurance.com