pgAdminIII via VPN

From: "Jerry Crocker" <jerry(dot)crocker(at)symdisc(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgAdminIII via VPN
Date: 2007-06-25 10:06:22
Lists: pgsql-admin
I'm trying to configure pgAdminIII (version 1.6.3) via a Cisco VPN (version
4.8.02.0010) link.

I've installed pgAdminIII on my laptop, and having connected to the client
via Cisco VPN, I can't configure pgAdmin to connect (and the Help is not
very helpful!)

I can get to the Master via puTTY using a specific IP Address, and have
tried using this same IP address with pgAmin, along with port 5432, but I
get the message:

            Could not connect to server: Connection timed out
(0x0000274C/10060) etc

I've tried the web, and various people suggest adding an entry for my laptop
in the pg_hba.conf file, but I don't believe this is needed (because it
isn't required for puTTY).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Jerry

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Adam WitneyDate: 2007-06-25 10:46:52