Infinite increment of postgre.exe in taskmanager

From: "Stefan van Aalst" <Stefan(dot)vanAalst(at)zonnet(dot)nl>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Infinite increment of postgre.exe in taskmanager
Date: 2006-06-02 06:29:00
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Hi

Newbie when it comes down to postgre.

OS: Windows XP SP2 Pro Dutch

When I run a DMS (Xinco) that uses postgre (I only use postgre for this), a
service is started.  Xinco uses a separate limited Xinco User account.

After starting the service I see several postgre.exe services running of
various sizes.  That's fine.

After an hour or so I see several postgre.exe services running (up to 200
and still increasing) and it is the postgre.exe 76kb that is in that huge
number (even when nobody uses Xinco, it still continous).

When I stop the PostgreSQL service then the large kb postgre.exe disappears
from the task manager ...but all those 76kb postgre.exe remain in memory.

Any ideas?

Stefan