How to monitor postmaster to find a trouble query?

From: "lt" <ltshadow(at)basecity(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How to monitor postmaster to find a trouble query?
Date: 2001-02-17 17:09:07
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi,
    I am running a productive server of postgresql 7.03, but sometimes it have a high load average value more than 10, it must be caused by a trouble query, although I have carefully checked my queries, I still can not find which query made this. I wish there is a way to monitor the query, for example, when I use 'top' find a postgres process take more than 50% CPU, I can check which query is executed in it. I have tried add query=4 in pq_options file, but nothing recorded in syslog.

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: banghDate: 2001-02-17 17:49:22