New to PostgreSQL

From: "Mark Steben" <msteben(at)autorevenue(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: New to PostgreSQL
Date: 2006-11-01 19:37:27
Lists: pgsql-novice
Good afternoon,

I am a database administrator who has worked with mainframe DB2 databases
for 16 years.  I am brand new to PostgreSQL.  I just started a new job where

I am the only DBA in the company and am expected to ramp up as soon as
possible.  Are there any courses available to me - either self-taught or

Classroom - that could provide me with a broad-brush introduction?  Right
now my main resource is the PostgreSQL - The Comprehensive Guide,

By Korry and Susan Douglas - a very good reference that I am using as I
tackle specific tasks.  I think a good overview would help me as I basically

Self-educate.

Thank you and I look forward to working with you through your mailing list.

Mark Steben

AutoRevenue

Lee, Massachusetts

MSteben(at)autorevenue(dot)com

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Greg LindstromDate: 2006-11-02 17:02:25