select !working

From: denis(at)coralindia(dot)com
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: select !working
Date: 2002-01-16 05:29:07
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi all,

After spending a day, i have been able to start postmaster on Windows 2000
Professional (using Cygwin)

I am facing one problem. I have created database and users also. I can also
able to create tables, insert rows in tables but when i issue SELECT, it
gives error "less : not found". I am issuing a very basic select statement.
Can anyone give any help.

db=> CREATE TABLE test (aa numeric, bb text);
CREATE
db=> INSERT INTO TEST VALUES (100,'Denis');
INSERT 54555 1
db=> SELECT * FROM test;
less : not found
db=>