Re: Search machine is ready

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>,<dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>,<pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Search machine is ready
Date: 2006-02-17 19:15:56
Lists: pgsql-www
-----Original Message-----
From: "Joshua D. Drake"<jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Sent: 17/02/06 17:29:40
To: "Dave Page"<dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "Peter Eisentraut"<peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, "pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org"<pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] Search machine is ready

> O.k. now we have to start a war!
> Slackware? What are you thinking!!!! ;)

Security & stability through simplicity (amongst other things of course). I dislike OS's that assume I'm gonna run X, or have overly complex packaging systems with a tendancy to break, or use complex config files to make things easy for the GUI tools to read & write. With Slack (or Slamd64), it's easy to build a bare bones system that does exactly what's required and no more - which also makes it perfect for building single purpose vserver systems.

Of course, that's not what everyone wants, but it suits me.

/D

-----Unmodified Original Message-----

> Oh, and FWIW, my distro of choice is Slackware.  :-p

O.k. now we have to start a war! Slackware? What are you thinking!!!! ;)

Joshua D. Drake

> Regards Dave.

pgsql-www by date