Re: lc_time and localized dates

From: "Gevik Babakhani" <pgdev(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: "'Euler Taveira de Oliveira'" <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
Cc: "'PostgreSQL-patches'" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: lc_time and localized dates
Date: 2008-02-26 16:41:04
Lists: pgsql-patches
 > No. [Looking at the code...] I think it only affects the
> LC_MESSAGES 'cause setlocale(LC_MESSAGES) don't work on Windows.

In order to make setlocale(LC_MESSAGES) affect on windows some additional
steps must be taken. I don't go deep in that now. I have a fix with
description etc. etc.

> Is it ok to output TMDay as 'Dinsdag' ?
No. you don't write dinsdag with a D in Dutch.

Looking into code for a couple of days now and the recent discussions, I
must say that there is more broken in locale to_char/to_date (Windows) than
we can see at first glance. I am going to report my finding a.s.a.p. Then we
can discuss about a fix.

Regards,
Gevik