Re: asynchronous psql command options?

From: "Bjoern Metzdorf" <bm(at)turtle-entertainment(dot)de>
To: "Christopher Smith" <christopherl_smith(at)yahoo(dot)com>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: asynchronous psql command options?
Date: 2003-01-16 18:06:30
Lists: pgsql-admin

> i used psql via ssh on dial-up and closed the ssh client. I logged in
again and it showed that the postmater process was still running.. I thought
that the index building process would continue 'til completion.

try

( echo '´CREATE INDEX blablabla' | psql database >> log.txt ) &

on your (bash) shell. You should be able to log out safely then and have the
output in log.txt.

Regards,
Bjoern