executing backup remotly

From: Iandé Coutinho <iande(at)br(dot)inter(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: executing backup remotly
Date: 2004-01-22 14:30:44
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi guys,

   for the past 2  hours or so, i´ve been trying to execute pg_dump remotly,
let me explain better;

I´ve got postgresql 7.4.1 with cygwin and ipc-daemon2, running on winXP,
i´ve created the database, got postmaster running, everything seems fine.
Please correct me if i´m wrong, but to do a backup of a database i only need
the the permission of an OS user and need to execute a command line like
pg_dump.

problem: I have an apllication on one machine running a windows server OS,
and  the database is on a linux, RH8.0, how can i execute a command to
perform a backup operation, from the windows aplication machine, both OS
user are disticts, but have admin privileges.

any help, would be apreciated,

thx,

Iandé