New New :(( - Trying to figure out a couple things - Please help

From: <sam(at)casheze(dot)biz>
To: <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: New New :(( - Trying to figure out a couple things - Please help
Date: 2003-04-29 18:50:17
Lists: pgsql-php
  Hi Sam Marcotte here

 I am real new at this - Old Mainframer and I know what I want to do but
just
 not finding the correct functions.

 I want to figure out how to put info out of a file (it is xml).

 I need to find a way to look thru the file and find lines that look lik
  <d:Title>Computers</d:Title>
 I want to pull out just Computers (remove <?> and write to another file (I
 can do the writes)

 Then
 <d:Description>Computers - ddddddd
 dddddd
 dddddd
 ddddd</d:Description>
 multi lies from start of desc to end - and take the <?> off - and write
each
 record till I find the end

 I know we are talking about 2 or 3 loops my main problem is find given data
 in the middle
 of a line of txt.

 Thanks for any help

pgsql-php by date