Database structure

From: "Peter Goggin" <pgoggin(at)smartchat(dot)net(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Database structure
Date: 2002-05-09 14:10:39
Lists: pgsql-novice
I have had a number of years experience with Oracle.  I am considering using Postgresql but while there is an enourmous amount of documentation available, none of it seems to answer some questions which I have to resolve if I am to use it.

1. Does postgresql have the concept of table spaces as used in Oracle?
2. Is it possible to construct the data base so that the index for a table can reside on a different disk to the data for the table?
3. Is there an interface for postgresql which can be used to link the data base to web pages?

Regards

Peter Goggin----

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Peter GogginDate: 2002-05-09 15:01:06
Previous:From: Brian SchroederDate: 2002-05-08 23:41:52
Subject: Re: Relation does not exist