Sending lot of records

From: "Simeo Reig" <simreig(at)terra(dot)es>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Sending lot of records
Date: 2002-01-04 22:29:00
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi, I have this simple procedure, that it's connecting to a remote DB and
it's too slow. It seems an ado problem because if
I use pgsql it's very fast. I understand that this query must send only one
record, but if I sniff the session (sniffit) I can see that
postgres is sending a lot of records, why ???

PD : Postgresql 7.1.3 under freeBSD 4.5-prerelease

Thanks a lot
SimeĆ³ Reig

Dim rsConexioDadesGenerals As ADODB.Recordset
Dim SQLDadesGenerals As String

Set rsConexioDadesGenerals = New ADODB.Recordset
    ---- identitatinforme is a primary key
SQLDadesGenerals = "SELECT nomentitatinforme FROM entitatsinformes WHERE
identitatinforme=" & idSocietatActual    With rsConexioDadesGenerals
        .LockType = adLockOptimistic
        .CursorType = adOpenKeyset
        .CursorLocation = adUseClient
        --conexioADO is a global connection
        .Open SQLDadesGenerals, conexioADO, adOpenDynamic
        Set AdodcTaulaDadesGenerals.Recordset = rsConexioDadesGenerals
   End With

msgbox AdodcTaulaDadesGenerals.Recordset.recordcount -- return 1

pgsql-odbc by date