Re: Service reboot leaves postmaster.pid

From: "Dmitry Yurtaev" <dmitry(at)channel4(dot)ru>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Service reboot leaves postmaster.pid
Date: 2001-06-16 16:55:15
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

> Note that someone else on the Cygwin email list reports occasional
> problems where cygrunsrv completely fails to start after NT restart.
> In their case they're using it for sshd, not postgres, but even so I'm
> somewhat concerned that cygrunsrv may have some timing-related
> initialization problem.

with your patch applied to 0.93-1 postmaster gets a signal and shuts down
properly. but after reboot it fails to start anyway. SCM writes error event
saying "Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the Cygwin PostgreSQL
Server service to connect". i've tried to track down a problem, but for me
it looks like that cygrunsrv isn't executing at all! (maybe i'm wrong, but

log = fopen("/svclog.txt", "w"); fprintf(log, "main %d\n", logcnt++);
fflush(log);

in the beginning of main() does nothing after reboot. when service is
started manually, it works fine) nevertheless i can see cygrunsrv.exe
process in task manager. but it gets killed before i can attach a debugger
to see what's it doing...

/Dmitry

P.S. 4 hunks of your patch get rejected against 0.93-1 - it doesn't have
'dir' args in reg manipulation functions.