Re: extending functionality strategy

From: "Gevik Babakhani" <pgdev(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: "'Dave Page'" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: extending functionality strategy
Date: 2008-10-20 11:13:46
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
> Why not just derive a new control from wxListView?

I haven't experimented with deriving from wxListView because I didn't want
to do custom drawing within wxListCtrl. It seems to be very hard to get it
working for all the platforms. Especially when I am limited in platforms to
test it on.

> D'oh! Well, if it hadn't had such nasty licencing when we
> started pgAdmin 3, we might have used it. As for pgAdmin IV,
> let us know when you're 95% done :-p

I read QT4 for Windows needs no licensing to build open source windows/osx
apps. I guess the licensing problem is no more ;)
How many man days would you say it is needed to port to QT4... (Hiding
behind the fence and asking very carefully... :)

Regards,
Gevik